43 Powerful Quotes That Will Make You Thankful For Another Day
There’s no doubt about it—to have been given another day to spend in this world is a blessing in itself.
But it’s one that we take for granted way more often than we’re willing to admit.
So today, let’s change that.
Today, let’s make a conscious effort to recognize all the blessings that come with each new day of life. The simple joys, the celebrations, the milestones, and everything in between.
So if you've been seeing the glass half empty lately, don't worry. These 35 quotes will undoubtedly put you well on your way toward being genuinely thankful for yet another day.
Quotes To Be Thankful For Another Day of Friends
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” -Elbert Hubbard
- “Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends.” -William Butler Yeats
- “The greatest gift of life is friendship, and I have received it.” -Hubert H. Humphrey
- “Those who laugh with you when you laugh are acquaintances, those who cry with you when you cry are companions, and those who do both are friends.” -Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.” -Helen Keller
- “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” -Thomas Aquinas
- “It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Part of the journey in life is slipping and falling along the way; in these times true friends are the ones who pick you up and dust you off.” -Ken Poirot
Quotes To Be Thankful For Another Day of Family
- “My family is my life, and everything else comes second as far as what's important to me.” Michael Imperioli
- “At the end of the day, life is about being happy being who you are, and I feel like we are so blessed to have the support system and the best family to really just support each other no matter what we're going through.” -Kim Kardashian
- “Work is work, but family is for life. That’s what really matters to me.” -Akshay Kumar
- “Family is a unique gift that needs to be appreciated and treasured, even when they’re driving you crazy. As much as they make you mad, interrupt you, annoy you, curse at you, try to control you, these are the people who know you the best and who love you.” -Jenna Morasca
- “I think family is key, and if you have love for family, then you have love for others – and you have unity as a people.” -Marlon Wayans
- “It’s very important to prioritize. I know, for me, my family comes first. That makes every decision very easy.” -Jada Pinkett Smith
- “My family was my guide to my reality.” -Haywood Nelson
- “Family always gonna be there. The material things, they come and go.” -Romeo Miller
- “I believe family first. Blood is thicker than water. I grew up like that, and I want to continue to keep that goal in my heart. Just family first! Just honesty, integrity, and respect. All of that. I live by the code of those things. If you do that you’ll be fine.” -Cory Hardrict
- “I find the family the most mysterious and fascinating institution in the world.” -Amos Oz
- “Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home.” -Anthony Liccione
Quotes To Be Thankful For Another Day of Life
- “Any day above ground is a good day. Before you complain about anything, be thankful for your life and the things that are still going well.” -Germany Kent
- “Celebrate every new day you are alive to witness, because being among the living is a blessing that often disappoints some of the people who deserve it the most.” -Edmond Mbiaka
- “If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.” -Eleonora Duse
- “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive—to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” -Marcus Aurelius
- “Every day is a good day to be alive, whether the sun’s shining or not.” -Marty Robbins
- “Life is without meaning. You bring the meaning to it. The meaning of life is whatever you ascribe it to be. Being alive is the meaning.” -Joseph Campbell
- “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” -Thornton Wilder
- “I am so grateful to be alive. It’s ridiculous to be alive.” -Eve Ensler
- “I could never be cynical, not that I think there's anything wrong with cynicism. I think it can be quite funny at times. But I just feel so grateful to be alive.” -Drew Barrymore
Quotes To Be Thankful For Another Day of Love
- “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.” -James Baldwin
- “Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky.” -Rainer Maria Rilke
- “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” -Morrie Schwartz
- “Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey.” -Lord Byron
- “I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.” -Roy Croft
- “Love is a friendship set to music.” -Joseph Campbell
- “We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Love in its essence is spiritual fire.” -Seneca
- “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” -Maya Angelou
- “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” -Rumi
- “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.” -Lao Tzu
- “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” -Plato
- “The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.” -Henry Miller
- “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
- “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.” -Sophocles
A Heartfelt Promise
If we continue to take the message of these quotes to heart, gone will be the days of failing to acknowledge the countless blessings we have in our lives.
And with that, the challenge now is to wholeheartedly commit to being thankful not just for today, but for every day after.
To promise that if given the chance to see the blessings that tomorrow may bring, we will approach a brand new day of friends, family, life, and love with hearts as grateful as they are right now.